Please contact our Webmaster with questions or comments about this Contents ©2009-2017 KRV Elks #2358 HTML Design & Artwork ©2009-2015 M.L. Ludiker Artwork & Design. All rights reserved.
The Kern River Valley Elks Lodge building was originally built in the late 1800's as Peterson's Inn of Old Kernville.      Used as a dance hall, library, post office, barber shop, tavern and rumored bawdy house, the historic building was moved from the future lake bottom of Isabella to its present location in 1955.               In 1966 two groups of people unknown to each other, one represented by Tom Johnson a Past Exalted Ruler of Ridgcrest Lodge #1913 and the other by Al Finkel, met separately with the aim of establishing an Elks Lodge in the Kern River Valley.  Aided by B.P.O.E. Grand Lodge and many other dedicated men, the Kern River Valley Elks received their lodge Charter  on September 16, 1966 and began its long history of serving it’s members and the many communities that make up the Kern River Valley.       As a community partner, the lodge & member’s donations of time, funds and events in support of valley youth and many other charitable causes are legendary.  To maintain that high level of support, the Kern River Valley Elks Lodge offers its facilities, parks and food services to members and community organizations...with most amenities available to the general public.       Surrounded by the natural beauty and numerous outdoor recreation choices of the  Sequoia National Forest, the Kern River Valley Elks Lodge #2358 has become one of the most popular destinations for Elks everywhere.       If you’d like more information about our facilities or joining with us in this noble and distinctively American organization of men and women please contact us at any time.                                                                                                                                                                                           Kern River Valley Elks Lodge #2358