What's New at
The Canyon Connection
This page will keep you advised of modifications and
history of Lake Isabella & Kern River Valley's Top On-line information
Back to Front
- 5/16/2010 - The Alta Sierra Tree
- Canyon Connection welcomes The Alta Sierra Tree House Vacation Rental
as an advertising supporter. Another inviting vacation property owned by Carl
& Dani Wormood. This unique Alta Sierra vacation home was built preserving
a 120' tree that grows in the living room and has a seasonal creek running
underneath. A getaway to serene nature for up to 10 people. Visit their website
for complete information.
- 3/26/2010 - The
Bristlecone Vacation Home
- Canyon Connection welcomes The Bristlecone Vacation Rental as an
advertising supporter. Owned by Pauline & Dave Davis, this popular vacation
home is conveniently located in Wofford Heights, the 'Heart of Kern Valley'
with quick access to all outdoor attractions that make the Kern River Valley a
highly popular distination point. Outstanding R&R escape for up to 8
people. Visit their website for complete information.
- 12/25/2009 - The
Little Red Lodge
- Canyon Connection welcomes The Little Red Lodge Vacation Rental as an
advertising supporter. Owned by Carl & Dani Wormood, this quaint mountain
vacation home is located on a year round flowing creek in Alta Sierra.
Outstanding retreat for up to 6 people. Visit their website for complete
- 8/18/2009 - The
Greenhorn Grill ~ Alta Sierra
- Canyon Connection welcomes The Greenhorn Grill as an hosting &
advertising supporter. Owned by Mike & Debbie Hill, this excellent rustic
restaurant and bar is located in Alta Sierra. The food is fantastic and the
staff is the best we've experienced. Top quality dining experience for the
entire family, try the Flat Iron Steak. Visit their website for complete
- 4/28/2008 - Alta Sierra Getaway
- Canyon Connection welcomes Alta Sierra Getaway Vacation Rental as an
advertising supporter. Owned by Coby Wright, this beautiful cabin is located in
Alta Sierra in a picturesque setting. Affordable vacation luxury. Visit their
website for complete information.
- 7/27/2007 - Adrenaline Watersports
Kayak School & Lodge
- Canyon Connection welcomes Adrenaline Watersports as an advertising
supporter. This great lodge is located at Riverside Park, Kernville, with easy
access to the Kern River. An exceptionl and comfortable fishing lodge and
operation base for their popular Kayak School. Learn on the rapids of the
Kern.Visit Adrenaline's temporary website for complete information.
- 6/1/2007 -
- Canyon Connection welcomes Port Protection Adventures as an
advertising supporter. Owned and operated by 2 locals, George and Gregg
Dockweiler, this beautiful hunting and fishing lodge is located in Port
Protection, Alaska, near Prince of Wales Island with beautiful forest and
surrounding mountain views. An exceptionl hunting, fishing, eco tour vacation
excursion awaits adventurers of all ages. Visit Port Protection's website for
complete photos and information.
- 2/24/2007 - Farrell's Lake House
- Canyon Connection welcomes Farrell's Lake House Vacation Rental as an
advertising supporter. Managed by Carl & Dani Wormood, this beautiful
vacation home is located in Wofford Heights with a beautiful view of the lake
and surrounding mountains. An exceptionl family vacation home. Visit Farrell's
website for complete information.
- 12/21/2006 - Precision
- Canyon Connection welcomes Precision Automotive as an advertising
supporter. Precision Automotive is owned by "Wes" & Carolyn Miller. This
first class service and repair organization provides everything your vehicle
might require. Visit their website for complete information.
- 7/2/2006 - Kern River
- Canyon Connection welcomes Kern River Valley Motels as an advertising
supporter. The Barewood Motel and Lakeshore Lodge are owned by Dan & Cheryl
Wright. Both retreats are located in Wofford Heights, central to all valley
activiites. Visit their website for complete information.
- 5/10/2006 - Kern
River Vacation Rentals
- Canyon Connection welcomes Kern River Vacation Rentals as an
advertising supporter. Owned by Carl & Dani Wormood, this beautiful
vacation home complex is located in Kernville a half block from town center.
Outstanding retreat for 2 to 24 people. Pick from 4 or all units. Visit their
website for complete information.
- 5/6/2006 - Stoney's
Cabin / Alta Sierra
- Canyon Connection welcomes Stoney's Vacation Cabin as an advertising
supporter. Owned by John Castonia, this beautiful two story vacation cabin is
located in Alta Sierra close to Shirley Meadows for avid skiers. Excellent
retreat for family vacations. Visit their website for complete
- 12/8/2005 - Golden
Eagle Vacation Home
- Canyon Connection welcomes Golden Eagle Vacation Home as an
advertising supporter. Owned by Page & Debra Moseley, this beautiful two
story vacation home is located in Wofford Heights, overlooking Lake Isabella.
Excellent for family vacations. Visit their website for complete
- 12/8/2005 - Alta
Sierra Cabin Rental
- Canyon Connection welcomes Alta Sierra Cabin Rental as an advertising
supporter. Owned by Carl & Dani Wormood, this beautiful cabin is located in
Alta Sierra nestled among the trees. Outstanding retreat for everyone. Visit
their website for complete information.
- 5/15/2005 - Camp James
- Canyon Connection welcomes Camp James as an advertising supporter.
Owned and Managed by Joe and Cathy Cunningham, this outstanding private
campground is located on Sierra Highway, on the banks of the Kern River. Visit
their website for complete information.
- 9/1/2004 -
- Canyon Connection welcomes Sierra Gateway Cottages as an advertising
supporter. Managed by Carla Thorn, these refurbished cottages are located on
Sierra Highway, next to James Store in Kernville. Easy access to the Kern River
and shopping. Visit their website for complete information.
- 1/17/2003 - Kern River Golden Trout
- Canyon Connection welcomes Kern River Golden Trout Resort as an
advertising supporter. Owned and operated by Mick & Alice Schlick, this
brand new lodging facility is located on Mountain 99 at Corral Creek, about 9
miles up river from Kernville. 24 rooms and easy access to the Kern River.
Visit their website for complete information.
- 9/19/2002 - Kern
River Tours returns as an advertiser.
- Canyon Connection welcomes back Kern River Tours as an advertising
supporter. Owned and operated by Kenny Bushling, Kern River Tours offers 12
"Mild to Wild" whitewater rafting trips on the upper and lower Kern River.
Visit their website for complete information.
- 7/17/2002 - River
View Lodge .
- Canyon Connection welcomes River View Lodge as an advertising
supporter. Newly owned, completely refurbished, and operated by Bill
Wellington, this most popular and conveniently located lodge provides beautiful
western style rooms. The lodge is situated along the Kern River next to the
bridge in Kernville and within short walking distance to all points of
interest. Contact Bill for more information or visit their website to view
- 4/1/2002 - Kern
River Cottage Gardens .
- Canyon Connection welcomes Kern River Cottage Gardens as an
advertising supporter. Owned and operated by Charley Erickson and Jan Mazzone,
these beautiful private gardens provide the ideal setting for weddings and
parties of all types. Party planners throughout the valley utilize the
decorating services of Jan for their private or organization's events. The
gardens also offer a complete inventory of party rentals through their
associate company of Harley Charley Party Rentals.Visit their website for
- 8/30/2001 - R.J.R.'s
- Canyon Connection welcomes R.J.R.'s as an advertising supporter.
Owned and operated by Richard Rooney, RJR's Cars is located on Lake Isabella
Blvd. The dealership also offers classic and antique autos, pre-owned cars,
Currie Electric Bicycles, and property storage facilities. Stop in and tour
their free museum and vintage displays during business hours. Visit their
website for complete information and most recent offerings.
- 6/1/2001 - Sequoia
- Canyon Connection welcomes Sequoia Lodge as an advertising and hosted
site supporter. Located right on the Kern River and just above Kernville the
Sequoia Lodge offers easy access to river sports of all kinds. Sequoia's 14
rooms are owned and operated by Joe and Cathy Cunningham. Visit their website
for complete information, a tour, and reservations.
- 5/28/2001 - Scotton Guide Service
- Canyon Connection welcomes the Scotton Guide Service as an
advertising and hosted site supporter. Located on the 67,000 acre Onyx Ranch,
Scotton offers a wide variety of area hunting and fishing trips on the Kern and
Lake Isabella. Visit their website for complete information and rates.
- 6/1/2000 - Kern
River Fish Hatchery now a hosted website and supporter on-line.
- Canyon Connection welcomes the Kern River Fish Hatchery and the
Friends of the Hatchery as an advertising and hosted site supporter. Located
just up river from Kernville, the Hatchery offers a wide variety of exhibits
and informative tips on fishing the Kern and Lake Isabella. Visit their website
for complete information and tour schedules. A link to California Department of
Fish & Game is also available.
- 2/3/2000 - Mountain
& River Adventures now an advertising supporter on-line.
- Canyon Connection welcomes Mountain & River Adventures as an
advertising supporter. Located in Kernville, Mountain & River Adventures
offers a wide variety of outdoor adventure trips via river, lake, or mountain
trails. Visit their website for complete information and reservations.
- 1/28/2000 - Outdoor
Adventures now an advertising supporter on-line.
- Canyon Connection welcomes Outdoor Adventures as an advertising
supporter. Located in Wofford Heights, Outdoor Adventures offers wild and
scenic river trips on the upper and lower Kern River. Visit their website for
complete information and reservations.
- 1/26/2000 - ACN
Communications now a contracting supporter on-line.
- Canyon Connection is proud to provide links to ACN Communications for
the benefit of our readers. Located in Bakersfield, ACN offers complete
telecommunications services to businesses. Visit their website for complete
information and listing of various services.
- 12/20/99 - Sonia Penny
Tourist Information Service now on-line.
- Canyon Connection welcomes Sonia Penny Tourist Information Service as
an advertising supporter. Owned and operated by Sonia Penny, the service offers
tour, maps, and coupons for numerous valley businesses and attractions. Visit
her website for complete information.
- 8/20/99 - Hunting Report now
- Canyon Connection has finally found a local hunting authority that
will keep you updated on the popular activity in and around the Kern River
Valley. Steve Albers will be handling all hunting information and exchange for
our readers. You can also check with Steve about Hunting Safety Class
- 7/11/99 - Community Card
Center now on-line.
- Canyon Connection now offers new community service, free personalized
on-line post cards, complete with music to read by. You create your own
greeting card and choice of midi music for a friend, relative, or business
associate and we'll notify the recipient of the card's location on our website.
Another benefit for our readers, supported by local advertisers and
- 2/15/99 - Kayaking on Lake
Isabella now on-line.
- Canyon Connection starts a new page showcasing a little known
activity in the Kern Valley, lake kayaking. No screaming rapids here, just
relaxing and exploring in the great outdoors. Try it sometime. It's a great
- 1/22/99 - Sierra
South now advertising supporter on-line.
- Canyon Connection welcomes Sierra South - Mountain & Paddle
Sports as an advertising supporter. Owned and operated by Tom Moore. Sierra
South offers total outdoor excitement with various whitewater trips and
climbing treks. Visit their website to learn more.
- 12/14/98 - Mountain
Mesa Lanes now advertising supporter on-line.
- Canyon Connection welcomes Mountain Mesa Lanes as an advertising
supporter. The only totally indoor recreation area in the entire Kern River
Valley. Mountain Mesa Lanes offers much more than bowling. Visit their website
to learn more.
- 10/30/98 - Community Conference
Center now on-line for evaluation.
- Kernvalley.com initiates new community service of "Live Chat" for
it's readers. The Community Conference Center will be evaluated on a limited
edition version for approximately one month. Plans include scheduled meeting
dates and times by topic with guest speakers and/or topic specialists.
- 10/9/98 - Click &
Associates Real Estate now advertising supporter on-line.
- Canyon Connection welcomes Click & Associates as an advertising
supporter. Owned and operated by Tony Click. When it comes to quality valley
realty services visit Click & Associates - "Where Service is Still in
- 9/30/98 - Whispering Pines Lodge - Bed
& Breakfast now advertising supporter on-line.
- Canyon Connection welcomes Whispering Pines Lodge - Bed &
Breakfast as an advertising supporter. Owned and operated by George and Darlene
Randall. Classic Country Lodging on the Kern River, offering amenities usually
reserved for five-star resorts.
- 9/9/98 - Kern River
Valley's Film Location Library now on-line.
- Canyon Connection joins forces with the Kern River Valley's Film
Location Library and has published a new site dedicated to assisting film crews
with location sites and permit handling for our popular remote filming
location. A photo library will be incorporated, when provided, to promote our
community to the major studios as Southern California's Film Mecca.
- 9/5/98 - Windsurfing on Lake
Isabella now on-line.
- Canyon Connection finally premiers guide section for one of the most
popular sports on Lake Isabella. The windsurfing section is a work in
- 8/14/98 - National Recreation
Reservation Center now active linked on-line.
- Under a special agreement with NRRC, Canyon Connection and it's
Sequoia National Forest Web now links directly into the NRRC on-line campground
reservation system. You can verify individual campsite availability and make
reservations according to proper NRRC procedures.
- 8/04/98 - Sequoia
National Forest Guide preview now on-line.
- A joint effort between USDA Forestry Service Personnel and Canyon
Connection/Kernvalley.com. An ongoing work in progress providing information
and coming on-line campground reservation system. Continuing to be your #1
source for Sequoia National Forest (Southern Sierra Nevada Mountain Regions)
- 7/18/98 - Site Search
System now on-line.
- A multiple search system, designed to get you to your interest fast.
Includes keyword search of entire domain.
- 6/3/98 - Canyon Connection Fishing
& Hunting Forum now on-line.
- A new special interest forum is added just for our fishing and
hunting readers. Post and share information or brag about your bag in these two
popular local sports.
- 5/15/98 - New Local TV Guide now
- Canyon Connection adds links for Kern River Valley local cable and
satellite TV guides. Now you can review tv listings for the entire day and
month. Prevue.com also provides e-mail notification reminders of your favorite
shows and a personalized interest / preference search engine.
- 5/12/98 - New
Weather Links now on-line.
- Canyon Connection adds CNN weather links for expanded forecast of
Kernville and Lake Isabella conditions (they're usually the same), updated
hourly. Another option when we're delayed in getting our own forecast uploaded.
You can also use their zipcode search for other city weather stats.
- 5/6/98 - Hourly Kern River Basin
Water Data now on-line.
- Canyon Connection adds new Kern River water data information from 2
sources and updated hourly. The most current flow and storage pool conditions
are now available to you.
- 4/29/98 - Chuck Richards'
Whitewater now advertising supporter on-line.
- Canyon Connection welcomes Chuck Richards' Whitewater as an
advertising supporter. Owned and operated by Chuck Richards in Lake Isabella.
Adventure on the mighty Kern River with this popular outfitter.
- 4/28/98 - Sierra High Adventures
now advertising supporter on-line.
- Canyon Connection welcomes Sierra High Adventures as an advertising
supporter. Owned and operated by Mark and Becky Krebs in Kernville. Offering
personalized rock climbing instruction and custom guided climbs of our area's
great rock: Dome Rock, Book Rock, Neanderthal Wall, Valhalla, Needles.
- 4/17/98 - The Daily Independent in Ridgecrest requests permission to
publish Canyon Connection Fishing Reports on a weekly basis for their
readership. Authorization granted with appreciation.
- 4/15/98 - Canyon Connection
Forums now on-line.
- A new service for our readers and the Kern River Valley community.
Post and share information regarding the local area. This communal version will
be expanded into 4-5 specialized forums in near future.
- 4/1/98 - Alpine
Realty now advertising supporter on-line.
- Former Kern River Realty members re-organize and form Alpine Realty.
Owned by Terry Peterschick and located in Wofford Heights in the Alpine
- 4/1/98 - Watson
RV & Camping Services now advertising supporter on-line.
- A new recreational vehicle and camping services business starts in
Kern River Valley. The company is owned and operated by Ken and Tracy Watson.
Fantastic business idea benefitting visitor's enjoyment of our area.
- 3/18/98 - Whitewater Voyages now
advertising supporter on-line.
- Whitewater Voyages joins as advertiser in our rafting outfitter's
directory, visit their excellent rafting site. Welcome Bill and Wanda!
- 2/8/98 - Eagle
Rafting now on-line advertiser.
- A new rafting outfitter joins our advertising ranks. Eagle rafting is
located in Frandy Park in the heart of Kernville. Owned and operated by Joe and
- 2/7/98 - Canyon Connection recognized as official information source
for Sequoia National Forest. E-mail inquiries, requests and complaints are now
interactively handled between Canyon Connection and the Forestry Office.
- 1/18/98 - Canyon Connection expands referral service to benefit
advertisers. Inquiries are answered and then forwarded via e-mail to
appropriate advertising businesses for follow up.
- 1/12/98 - Canyon Connection - Road Reports
new added service.
- Canyon Connection links direct to Cal-Trans' up to the minute road
conditions information for our readers.
- 12/1/98 - KernValley.com - Main Directory
now back on-line.
- The Kern Valley Canyon Connection purchases kernvalley.com domain to
insure uninterrupted service to it's readers, and to permit former advertisers
a re-direct to their new URLs.
- 11/15/97 - Canyon Connection relocates site to Lightspeed.net in
Bakersfield when kernvalley.com sold due to former owner, Bryan Oberg's,
- 6/21/96 - Fishing Guide - Lake Isabella/Kern
River now on-line.
- Weekly update of area fishing information provided by Rich Zimmerman,
a local area fishing and hunting authority.
- 6/14/96 - Kern River/Wilderness area
Climber's Guide now on-line.
- Information and photos are provided by Tom Kenney, who favors our
area's climbing variety and wants to tell everyone about it.
- 5/6/96 - Canyon Connection adds 1500+ Ridgecrest readers - City of
Ridgecrest requests permission to provide Canyon Connection's information
service to their growing user base. Welcome to your recreation area,
- Visit RidgeNET's great web
- 4/2/96 - Custom
HTML Artwork Service Expanded - Increased requests from web page authors
for freelance web artwork prompts expansion of art support service.
- View our studio portfolio samples
- 3/20/96 - Real Estate Services Guide -
Added by requests
- Real Estate Ads by sponsors and agencies.
- 2/17/96 - Modification to Front page
- Local News and High School Sports sections removed temporarily until
proper reporting improves.
- 2/04/96 - Yearly Weather Averages -
Modification to Weather pages
- Seperation of daily weather and yearly averages into two pages for
faster loading of each. Corps has not provided 1995 data as of this date. Still
on hold for new weather provider.
- 2/01/96 - Page Index - Addition to
Front Page Section Directory
- Direct hyperlink menu to information pages within various section
categories. Temporary test, publisher is looking for yay or nay e-mail from
- 1/27/96 - Lower Kern Hiking Trails -
Expansion to Hiking Information/Recreation Section
- Trail info of lower Kern River / Sequoia Forest hiking trails. Unless
noted otherwise, these trails are used by horsemen, mountain bikes and
motorcycles as well as hikers.
- 1/22/96 - Snow Sports Section - Added to
- Trail info and maps of area's Snowmobile & Nordic Ski trails on
the Kern Plateau / Sequoia Forest. Shirley Meadows Ski Resort info.
- 1/21/96 - Valley Life Cartoon - Added to
- Publisher's 'warped but true' views of life in the Kern Valley.
Updated weekly with links to previous cartoons.
- 1/03/96 - Cal-Trans / Amdahl Links -
Added to Road Reports Section
- Statewide current road condition links. Updated continuously by both
- 12/20/95 - Off Highway Vehicle Sports -
Added to Recreation Section
- Trail info and maps of area's Off Highway trails on the Kern Plateau
/ Sequoia Forest.
- 12/20/95 - Horse & Stock Trails Section -
Added to Recreation Section
- Info and maps of pastures and trails on the Kern Plateau / Sequoia
Forest. One of the last areas to ride, rope & camp like the old west
- 10/17/95 - Hiking Trails Section - Added to
- Directory of hiking trails surrounding the valley. Trail length &
difficulty, facilities and descriptions. Includes 'Trail of 100 Giants' sequoia
- 10/15/95 - Whitewater Rafting & Kayaking
Section - Added to Recreation Section
- River run info, ratings and maps of the Kern's popular raft &
kayak section runs. Class ratings of various sections.
- 10/10/95 - Canyon Connection recognized as only official information
source for Kernville, Lake Isabella, and Kern River Valley by all major search
engines, as well as, City-Net, City Link and Tourist sources.
- 10/05/95 - Campground Directory - Added to
- Complete guide to camping areas and facilities around Lake Isabella,
the upper and lower Kern River and High Country of Sequoia National Forest.
Includes site maps of each campground.
- 10/01/95 - First Official Publishing of The Kern Valley
- Canyon Connection begins it's stumbling efforts of informing the
world about the Lake Isabella, Kern River, Sequoia National Forest and the
area's great recreation and tourist opportunities. Sections offered:
Calendar of Events; Recreation Guides; Daily Weather and Lake & River flow
info; Road Reports; Local News; Sports; Phone Directory of local businesses by
category; and Guides to area lodging, dining and services.
- 07/05/95 - Mini Site Formation - On-line information service
created for kernvalley.com as e-mail source for reader and tourist
- M.L. Ludiker Artwork & Design begins service to local
kernvalley.com users at request of Bryan Oberg, Sysop.
Canyon Connection, and all contents are
©1995-2010 M. L. Ludiker, Kern River Valley, California, USA. All rights